It's New Year's Day 2013. The slate is clean...a fresh start. Woohoo! I'm sharing my intentions here for accountability. You'll help me, right?
1. A place for everything and everything in its place.
(I resolve to practice this behavior every year but still have two junk drawers in my kitchen.)
2. This year, I'm going to find my waist!
(Being 30 pounds overweight is unbelievable and hurts my feelings.)
3. Eat better - it will help with number 2.
(I heard this morning that you need at least a cup of produce with each meal. With my biscuits and gravy this morning, I ate a cup of fresh fruit salad. Baby steps, right?)
4. Exercise - this will help if I falter at number 3.
(I've had my ugly walking shoes under my desk at work for the longest time. I'm halfway there!)
5. Watch less television.
(Disclaimer, OKC Thunder games are exempt.)
6. Spend more time with friends and family.
(It'll be fun to entertain once I master number 1.)
7. Procrastination - I'm going to get around to kicking your ass in 2013! :)
8. Write more blog posts.
(I'd also like to work on 'my brand' - that statement, when repeated out loud, makes my Hubs laugh hysterically.)
9. Read books.
(Since I'm watching less television this should be a breeze.)
10. Conquer the quest for the perfect pair of jeans, bra, and new bathing suit. I hate shopping, this is a big one!
(Once I find my waist this should be WAY more fun.)
11. I'm only doing MY laundry from now on. I'm starting out the new year with a spotless laundry room.
(I told Hubs last night, he snickered and said "We'll see." Just wait until be finds out about the chore-sharing chart I'm working on too.)
12. Judge less, be kinder...to myself.
13. Practice, breathe and repeat numbers 1 through 12 for the next 364 days.
"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come / Whispering 'It will be happier.'"
— Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Happy New Year!
Rose Marie B
PS Here's the 1st photo proof that I mean business...watch for more to come.